The Tuskers are a pirate corporation, pure and simple. Lowsec piracy is our passion, but we're broad-minded enough to consider almost any type of PvP - if there are explosions to be had, we're interested!
What we can offer you is a home in New Eden, with a mature family of like-minded pilots beside whom you can fight, chat, and laugh. The Tuskers isn't an elite or high-skillpoint corp, but we do have some great pilots; come roam with us, and help us build a reputation of excellence.
Tuskers are expected to be self-sufficient; we're a small corp without a great deal of infrastructure, and pilots need to be able to fund their own PVP whether that's through ransoms, selling loot, trading, ratting, running missions, or selling GTCs. Tusker pilots should also be active; we're not a hardcore corp, but if you're not going to be around for a while we expect you to let us know.
This is a family-friendly corporation, so please don't apply if you are fond of foul language, vulgar conversation, or posting "adult" images on the forums. We may be pirates, but we're not griefers; we don't scam or talk smack, we treat our opponents with respect, and we always keep our word. We're proud of our reputation for honouring ransoms, and we expect you to do the same.
If this sounds like your kind of corp, go ahead and register an account on the forum by following this short guide.
Once that's done, simply answer the questions below and post it here as a new thread, using your character name as the title.
- How old are you, and where are you from (include your timezone)?
- Why do you want to join the Tuskers? How did you hear about us?
- Tell us about your previous EVE and other MMORPG experience, if any. If you've held any leadership roles in Eve or other games, tell us about those.
- Declare that you will abide by the Tusker Code.
- Tuskers fly a variety of gangs ranging from Tech1 Cruisers to Logistics supported Battleships. What types of gangs have you had experience with in the past and which are you most familiar with?
- To prove you've got what it takes to be a solo PVPer, please link five solo kills that you've got within the last six months (in lowsec, nullsec or w-space) including two kills against a more powerful ship class than your own (for example frig vs cruiser, or t1 frig vs t2/faction frig). Fights where you took on multiple ships of your own class (e.g. cruiser vs 2x cruiser) and came away with multiple kills also count. This isn't as hard as it sounds - if you'd like advice on how to get the necessary kills, drop by "The Tuskers Public Channel" in game and we'll help you out.
- Describe the fight that you feel you learned the most from, regardless of the outcome.
- Two-way voice comms are essential for successful gang combat. You need to have a functioning microphone in order to join the corp - if you're flying in a Tusker gang, you're on voice comms and actively participating. Period. We're currently using Mumble, but it's a good idea to have Teamspeak3, Ventrilo, and EVE Voice available too, since these will help when we're running joint ops with another corp or simply if circumstances change. These programs are all completely free to download and install. Please let us know if you think you'll have any problems with this.
- The Tuskers is a corp for mains - the character you're applying with should not be the alt of another active character. We're ok with you using an alt corp or having alts in another corporation (for example, to make isk), but you shouldn't have alts in another player corporation without getting permission from a director. Please confirm that the character you're applying with is your main, and let us know about any alts you may have in other corporations (alt corps or otherwise).
- Please give us the name of one pilot from each of your accounts. We'll need an API key for each account too; we use this to check for isk-buyers and unacknowledged alts. Please don't post these in your application thread - just keep them on hand, your recruiter will ask for them once your app has been processed.
To generate the API keys, please do the following for each of your accounts:
- Go to this link
- Log in to your account
- Enter something you'll recognise under "Name:" (this will help you remember what the API key was for!)
- DO NOT CHANGE any of the check boxes or dropdown options apart from ticking "no expiry date" (changing the options gives our directors a head ache, and will delay your application)!
- Click "Submit"
You should see the new API key appear in your list. Once your recruiter is ready for it, they'll ask you to provide them with the ID and the Verification Code of your newly created API key(s).
Once you've submitted your app, you should hear from one of our recruiters within a few days. Our directors are often quite busy, so If you change your mind after submitting your app please let us know - if we notice you've joined another corp, we'll assume you're no longer interested.
Once we let you know that your app has been accepted here, feel free to apply in game. We're based in Hevrice (top station), but you're free to live wherever you like. If you need help moving in, let your recruiter know and we'll try to help you out. We'll also help you settle in by introducing you to the rest of the crew.
If you have any questions about recruitment or want to discuss your application, feel free to contact any of the officers listed below or ask in our Public Channel:
CEO: Suleiman Shouaa
Directors: IK Thel, Jaxley and Robert Mason.
Public channel: The Tuskers Public Channel
We look forward to flying with you!