If you have any questions regarding recruitment, feel free to contact any of the Recruitment Officers listed below.
Recruiting officer and CEO: Suleiman Shouaa
Directors/recruiting officers: Etuura Zellis, Grog Drinker, IK Thel, Jaxley, Robert Mason and Ronan Jacques.
Recruiting channel: The Tuskers Public Channel
The Tuskers are a pirate corporation, pure and simple. We especially relish lowsec piracy, but we're broad-minded enough to consider most any type of PvP. BattleClinic ranks the Tuskers at the top of New Eden's PVP corporations.
We can offer you a home in New Eden, a mature family of mates beside whom to fight, chat, and laugh. Roam with our experienced PvP pilots, and help us build a reputation of excellence.
The Tuskers expects their combat pilots to be self-sufficient. Pilots are expected to replace their own ships, whether they raise their ISK through ransoms, selling loot, trading, ratting, running missions, or selling GTCs. Tusker pilots must also be active; if we don’t see you around for a while, and you’ve made no prior arrangements, you could be expelled from the corporation.
This is a family-friendly corporation; please, do not apply if you are fond of foul language, vulgar conversation, or posting "adult" images on the forums. Do not apply if you are focused on your killboard stats to the detriment of the corp, talk smack, break your word, or have a history of scamming. Do not apply if you, or any pilot on any of your accounts, has ever been identified as a corp thief. We may be pirates, but we're not griefers -- it's hard enough for our targets to lose their ships without us adding insult to injury. We speak to our opponents, winners or losers, with respect and dignity. Tusker pilots ransom when feasible. We are proud of our reputation for honouring ransoms, and do not tolerate any other practice.
If this sounds like your kind of corp, and you believe you meet all our requirements, then please register (make your username the same as your pilot's name, and use this code to register: 1492). The API key you will need to register can be generated from this link, ensuring that you tick "no expiry date". Post your application on this forum, titling the thread YourCharacterName. Include the following information:
- Your real-life age and country of residence (include timezone).
- Why do you want to join the Tuskers? How did you hear about us?
- Tell us about your previous EVE and other MMORPG experience, if any, including any leadership roles you may have held.
- Declare that you will abide by the Tusker Code. (Please don't let's call ourselves "honourable;" that's a term that means different things to different people.)
- It is suggested that you have a minimium level of core skills, such as capacitor skills at V etc. The full list can be found here. If you can confirm you have these skills trained and to the stated level or higher, this will strengthen your application.
- Tuskers fly a variety of gang compositions, ranging from Tech1 Cruisers to Logistics supported Battleships gangs. However, Shield BC are our go to ships in gangs and whilst Tuskers are not required to join, Tusker leadership feels that any applicant who is unable to join such gangs will not experience the full “Tusker experience”. Thus, applicants are strongly recommended to be able to fit & fly Shield Battlecruisers well (ie. within 80+% of “all-V” performance, with full T2 fit, weapon specialisations at III). Relevant Shield Battlecruisers for this purpose are Shield Harbingers, Shield Hurricanes (either AC or Arty are viable), Heavy Missile Drakes and Tier 3 Battlecruisers.
- However, successful PvP is more than about simply SP, pilot attitude plays a crucial role; whereas skillpoints provide a measure of flexibility to a pilot’s tactics. The Tuskers require recruits to document five solo kills (link to the kills at a killboard such as BattleClinic), including two kills above the candidate’s ship class (alternatively a credible PvPP encounter such as Thorax vs Moa, Moa where you walk away with multiple kills counts) all within the preceding six months, with all of them occurring in low sec, null sec or wormhole space so that any applicant has engaged in PvP outside CONCORD patrolled space. We don’t care if you’re a grizzled PvP veteran or a reformed carebear who’s accumulated your kills recently. (Younger pilots can read this thread for suggestions on how to rack up the required solo kills, and visit Tusker Academy for more help.) Please be sure you can point us to all of these required kills before posting your application.Beyond this, Tuskers are expected to be active – a recommended level of activity would be several kills a month for the last three months. Note however, these are not required to be solo kills, but must still occur outside CONCORD patrolled space.
- We like to meet our applicants before they apply. Applicants must therefore have vouches from four current Tuskers who have flown with you or against you and who can attest to your daring. This is also a good opportunity for you to learn about how we fly, as well as sharpen your skills.
- What is your favourite ship class to fly and why?
- What is your favourite ship to fly and why? (can be a different class to what you answered above)
- Do you have a specific fleet type that you enjoy more than others, and why?
- What have been your two most favourite engagements to date and why?
- Describe an engagement where you have learnt the most from, regardless of the outcome.
- Where do you envision your skillplan for the next 6 months taking you? What new ships will you be able to fly or will you finally be able to squeeze the last bit of performance out of your favourite ships?
- Two-way voice communications are essential for successful gang combat. All Tuskers are required to be on voice comms when they are flying in Tusker gangs and actively participate. Currently, Mumble is working best for the Tuskers, but all our pilots must be willing and able to use Teamspeak3, Ventrilo, or EVE Voice if future circumstances demand. These programs are free to download and install. You will not be admitted to the corporation if you do not have a functional microphone and speakers--please indicate that you have them.
- Candidates must not be alts of other active characters. You may have a industrial alt, trader alt or a mission-runner alt, but they may not be a member of any other player corporation without permission.
- Please provide the name of one pilot from each additional EVE-Online account you own. We need the API credentials for all accounts you own. This allows us to extract information from your skills and wallet which helps to detect ISK-buyers and unacknowledged alts. Do not post this in your application thread, but keep them on hand for when the recruitment officer asks for them.
Follow these steps carefully for each individual account you own:
- Follow this link
- Log in with your respective account's credentials
- Enter a unique name under "Name:"
- DO NOT CHANGE any of the check boxes or dropdown options apart from ticking "no expiry date" (doing so will seriously delay the processing of your application).
- Click "Submit"
In the spreadsheet, you can find the name you've entered at step c. - once a director picks up your application, he'll ask you to provide him with the ID and the Verification Code of your newly created API key(s).
If, after submitting an application on this forum, you join some other player corporation, your application to the Tuskers will be rejected. If your active application to another corporation is discovered during the application process here, your application to the Tuskers will be rejected. If you're not sure you want to be a Tusker specifically, don't waste our time.
When instructed to do so by a recruitment officer here or in-game, apply to the Tuskers ingame. We're based in Hevrice (top station), but feel free to base anywhere you desire. If you need help with logistics, contact a Director and we'll make arrangements to assist you.
Thanks for considering the Tuskers!
Originally written by Ka Jolo, adapted by Suleiman Shouaa